This is one of a few questions when it comes to choosing the right Kontakt library. Orange Tree Samples has tremendous experience in crafting perfect sounds for your studio needs. Although sample libraries are still getting better and this one was released in 2018, however, you would not be disappointed about choosing Songwriter.
This product offers effects that you would not get from other releases: tremolo and distortion for one. By using effects you can make your acoustic guitar sound different and who said it has to be pure acoustic all the time. Try something different and we are sure, you will enjoy it.
To make things even better, you can adjust how the pick is being used. By making the adjustments your chords can sound brighter or even darker. Not to mention, the solo parts you are going to play. Enabling dynamic morphing will make your transitions between notes smoother. The big advantage is to play your guitar manually or on a keyboard.
Overall, the Evolution Songwriter is the instrument that you want to have if you already don’t. This is a more sophisticated and balanced sound guitar compared to other Orange products. The control support option lets you do some new unseen things. Presets are manipulated using your keyboard and at this price, nothing can beat this product.
Owning full Kontakt has benefits, but Evolution Songwriter does work with the player too. No need to invest a lot of money if you are just starting.
– Built-in effects engine for instantly-usable acoustic guitar tones.
– Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
– A powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching, and non-latching key switches, and more.
– Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
– 11.2 GB (compressed to 5.2 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
– Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects like string slaps, guitar body hits, and more.
– MIDI articulations for instant octaves, grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, and slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced).
– Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
– The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.