Evolution Steel Strings features an iconic, Martin D16R steel-string acoustic guitar recorded in stereo with top-notch mics and preamps in 24-bit, 48 kHz for the best tone and fidelity possible. While most acoustic guitar sample libraries are sampled using only one mic, we used stereo micing, for a more natural sound, and also adjustable stereo width. The superior construction of the guitar used resulted in minimal buzzing on even the most difficult hit notes. (Buzzing is an often-cited problem with some of the popular acoustic guitar libraries for KONTAKT on the market.)
– Both fingered and picked articulations totaling 6.5 GB of uncompressed samples.
– Extensive scripting from the Evolution guitar engine makes for an intuitive, instant playable library from either or a MIDI keyboard or when sequencing.
– Individually sampled strings, powered by a performance modeled string/fret selection engine.
– A proprietary resonance engine for unparalleled organic realism from a sample library.
– 4x alternating samples to avoid the machine gun effect when repeating notes.
– A unique monophonic/polyphonic hybrid. Play legato lead lines or chordal parts in a single patch.
– Alternate tunings that not only change the range of the instrument but also realistically alter the tone of individual strings.
– Legato articulations, including slides.